Friday, July 29, 2011

Gibson revisits Slash's many guest spots


Last weekend guitar great Slash celebrated his 46th birthday. To commemorate one of their best client's big days Gibson compiled a list of Slash's most notable guest gigs. It's an interesting list that includes some work I forgot about or wasn't even aware of, but not his Super Bowl halftime gig with Black Eyed Peas.

You can read the article, complete with video clips, here.

Slash actually revisited "Always on the Run," the Lenny Kravitz track that he co-wrote and performed on, at his solo concert at Charlotte's Fillmore in February. That song was always my favorite Kravitz track and it was a real treat to hear him play it live.

On another note, 2012 marks the 25th anniversary of "Appetite for Destruction." I'm curious to see what, if anything, comes of that. If not the proper reunion, which fans are clamoring for online (there is even a petition to reunite the original lineup), I'm at least hoping for a remastered reissue with lots of extras (although sound quality seems to be hit or miss on these things). Twenty-five years also makes Guns n' Roses eligible for the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. As much as I'd like to see that, it seems premature considering some of the artists that have been ignored. Plus, having the artists my generation grew up with like Metallica and Run DMC inducted just makes me feel old.

1 comment :

  1. I would be greatly surprised at a reunion of original members, Axl is too big of a "Richard Cranium" for that to occur.

    ReplyDelete