Thursday, October 30, 2014

This year's Halloween Playlist

For the past couple of years I've posted a Halloween playlist to honor my favorite time of year. As the years roll on I have to dig a bit deeper. This year I've included links to all (someone actually made a "Twilight" themed video for defunct Charlotte band the Stellas' song "Vampires"), but one. That one is apparently obscure enough to escape a Google search. You'll find ghost stories, murder ballads, blood spilling killers, and some that are just really eerie (those usually inspire my fiction writing). Some of these are also by local artists. Hope everyone has a happy Halloween. 

We begin with a haunting bluegrass song my dad's friends covered when I was a kid. 

The Country Gentlemen - "Bringing Mary Home"
Megan Jean & the KFB - "Skeletons"
The Stellas - "Vampires"
Bloody Hammers  - "TheTown That Dreaded Sundown"
Nostalghia - "Sunshiny Milk"
Veronica Falls - "Found Love in a Graveyard"
Siouxsie & the Banshees - "Rawhead & Bloody Bones"
Alkaline Trio - "This Could Be Love"
Benji Hughes - "Mama I’m a Zombie"
Cage the Elephant - "Spiderhead"
Shakey Graves - "Dearly Departed"
The Gunga Din - "Sang Her Every Song"
April Smith & the Great Picture Show - "Terrible Things"
The Barbarellas - "Teenage Werewolf"
Meg Myers - "Monster"
Lindi Ortega - "Murder of Crows"