Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My Halloween soundtrack


Halloween is kinda my favorite holiday. Don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas. But in a way Halloween lasts 365 days a year at my house between my love of horror, vampires, sci-fi, and fashion and music that lends itself to the darker side. When I worked at a coffee shop I played the Halloween Muzak channel all month long, which was mysteriously on another channel every time I started my shift.

So before I, my Yeti and my Monster put on our Halloween costumes and hit the trick or treat trail, I thought I’d post a Halloween-ready soundtrack of some of my favorite creepy not quite holiday songs.

Siouxsie and the Banshees “Halloween”
Rob Zombie "House of 1000 Corpses”
Alkaline Trio "Calling All Skeletons" 
Michael Jackson “Thriller”
David Bowie “Scary Monsters (& Super Creeps)”
Rasputina “Transylvanian Concubine”
Theme to “The Munsters”
Southern Culture on the Skids “Zombified”
Misfits “Skulls”
Switchblade Symphony “Witches”
Rolling Stones "Paint It Black" 
Schoolyard Heroes “Cemetery Girls”
Motorhead “Killed By Death”
Ladytron “Ghosts”
Murderdolls “197666”
Danzig “Twist of Cain”
My Chemical Romance “Vampires Will Never Hurt You”
Metric “Monster Hospital”
Wednesday 13 "Haddonfield"