Friday, December 9, 2011

New Edition reunion to hit Greensboro


New Edition's 30th anniversary reunion tour featuring all six members - Bobby Brown, Michael Bivins, Ricky Bell, Ralph Tresvant, Ronnie DeVoe and Johnny Gill - will make a stop at Greensboro Coliseum February 17. Tickets go on sale Friday, December 16 at 11 a.m. at www.ticketmaster.com.

My sister and I were excited to see the group's last reunion tour when it came through Cricket Arena (now Bojangles Coliseum) in 2007. But, from our seats at least, the sound was so bad some of the songs were nearly unrecognizable. If not the worst sounding show I've ever seen, it was definitely Top 5. It was one of the few times I actually wanted my money back. So while I'm initially stoked at the prospect of a do-over, I'm still a little apprehensive about a repeat experience.

What is great about a New Edition show is it encompasses hits from five different artists. You've got the original group's "Mr. Telephone Man," "Cool It Now," and "If It Isn't Love" as well as material from Brown, Bel Biv DeVoe, Mr. "Sensitivity" Tresvant, and Gill (who sang one of my very favorite guilty pleasures "Rub You the Right Way"). The press release promises them all, which is nearly enough to make me forget getting burned last time and hope for the best in February.

No comments :

Post a Comment