Monday, May 16, 2011

More outdoor uptown concerts announced for summer


LiveNation added to its summer concert calendar Monday. Among the announcements is the long awaited Charlotte appearance of My Morning Jacket. Jim James and company will play Time Warner Cable Uptown Amphitheatre August 21. Neko Case, who headlines Knight Theater Thursday, May 19, opens. MMJ tickets go on sale Saturday, May 21. My Morning Jacket's sixth full-length album, "Circuital," is due for release May 31 (and the deluxe box with green vinyl looks pretty sweet).

O.A.R. will also play TWC Uptown Amphitheatre. The live favorite returns to Charlotte July 15th (sandwiched between dates in Raleigh and Charleston) with Soja and Kelley James.

Slightly Stoopid heads up another TWC Uptown Amphitheatre bill with Schwayze and Cisco Adler and Rebelution August 18. Tickets for both O.A.R. and Slightly Stoopid are on sale Friday, May 20.

1 comment :

  1. Did you attend these outdoor concerts, Courtney? It seems like you're really into music! I am too! It keeps me alive and kickin' all day. Too bad I haven't been to a concert lately, 'coz I've been busy these days. =(

    ReplyDelete