Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Charlotte R&B singer unveils new video tonight


Charlotte-based R&B singer Sunshine Anderson will celebrate the release of her latest video, "Say Something," at the Sunset Club (1820 South Blvd. #106) tonight. The video was actually shot at the club and may feature some faces that are familiar to Charlotte.

"The majority of the people in the room were from North Carolina," Anderson told me during an interview to preview her CIAA gig in March. "I was just so happy about that. We have talent agencies and modeling agencies and all kinds of things going on here. So why not?"

Anderson had a hit a decade ago with "Heard it All Before," which peaked at #3 on the R&B/hip-hop charts. After another album in 2007, a move to Atlanta, the birth of her daughter, and the breakup of her marriage, Anderson found her way back to Charlotte in time to release her third album last November. "Lie to Kick It," the song featured in the video above, was the first single from "The Sun Shines Again."

The video release party is free and begins at 8 p.m. WPEG Power 98 ran a "making of" webisode a while back that you can watch here.

1 comment :

  1. In my college I have a seminar on r&b music so I want to collect some information about it and also want to watch some latest r&b videos. Please send me any website from where I can download it.

    ReplyDelete